Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Khonumthung Media Group
    Leaderboard Ad
    • Home
    • Journal
    • About Us
    • ျမန္မာစာမ်က္ႏွာ
    Khonumthung Media Group
    You are at:Home»News»High Schools In Paletwa Township Prevented From Opening

    High Schools In Paletwa Township Prevented From Opening

    0
    By Editor on July 23, 2020 News

    All of the high schools in conflict-affected southern Chin State accepting enrollment for the 2021-2022 academic years were prevented from opening when classes across Burma resumed again on July 21, following the end of a partial lockdown introduced in early April.

    Salai Aung Min, head of Paletwa Township Education Department, said none of the learning institutions could comply with the new health regulations set by the government’s Ministry of Health and Sports, intended to prevent the spread of the coronavirus when students return to classes.

    Government health officials rated schools across Burma with scores of A, B or C, with A being the highest and C the lowest. Every high school in Paletwa Township received a C, he says, preventing their openings.

    Only 13 out of the 38 high schools in Paletwa Township were accepting enrollment for the school year. All failed to meet the Ministry of Health and Sports’ preconditions.

    Until the government helps the school introduce improvements in line with its pandemic protocol, a total of 734 students won’t be able to continue their studies. Middle and elementary classes are scheduled to start sometime after high schools resume in Burma.

    Fighting between Burma Army and Arakan Army has caused massive displacement in Paletwa Township, blocking food and other essential rations from reaching the beleaguered township. In the town of Paletwa, there are 5,000 internally displaced persons (IDPs), of whom 1,134 are students.

    There are not enough schools for all the IDPs, as well as educational materials and uniforms.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    Related Posts

    CDF-Paletwa bars Chin youths from leaving Paletwa Township

    Junta launches heavy airstrike on Kanpetlet

    Junta offensive from Taingen to Falam sparks fierce clashes

    Comments are closed.

    • Featured Article
    June 6, 2025

    “The people of Paletwa must work to ensure that human rights violations do not happen again. I want to say that it is essential to closely monitor the armed groups in our area and to speak the truth.” Reverend Pastor U Lo Dain

    April 19, 2025

    “At present, town cleanup and area clearance operations are still underway in Falam. Entry into the area is strictly prohibited, with only armed groups participating in the clearance efforts for security reasons. So far, there has been no response from the military council.” Salai Timmy – CNO/CNDF spokesperson

    November 12, 2024

    Education of Myanmar Refugees in India: A Path to Hope and Challenges:

    August 26, 2024

    Escalating Conflict in Chin State: The Urgent Need for Unified Mediation Efforts

    Ads
    Leaderboard Ad
    Archives
    Copyright © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL.
    © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.