Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Khonumthung Media Group
    Leaderboard Ad
    • Home
    • Journal
    • About Us
    • ျမန္မာစာမ်က္ႏွာ
    Khonumthung Media Group
    You are at:Home»News»CNLD Boycotts MRTV Over Censored Speech

    CNLD Boycotts MRTV Over Censored Speech

    0
    By Editor on October 7, 2020 News

    Chin National League for Democracy (CNLD) announced it would not broadcast their party’s policy speech on Myanmar Radio and Television (MRTV) after it was censored.

    Salai Ceu Bik Thawng, CNLD’s general secretary, said key points were eliminated from multiple paragraphs.

    The party boycotted the 2017 by-election after facing the same conflict with MRTV, he said.

    “It’s happened again! We won’t broadcast our party’s policy speech on MRTV during NLD’s time in office. They undermine freedom of speech for political parties and politicians. They ignore the democratic values and political opinions of the ethnic people!”

    The party issued a statement condemning it on October 3.

    “Ethnic-based states are important elements of a federal union. Therefore, a Bamar ethnic state must be formed. But they removed that point from our speech,” Salai Ceu Bik Thawng told Khonumthung News.

    The censured point requested for Bamar (Burmese) to form a ‘Bamar state’ and not seven regions so it wouldn’t be represented in Parliament’s House of Nationalities more than the other ethnic groups. Another point said the civil wars in Burma are being waged by Bamar to dominate the other ethnic groups.

    The People’s Party, led by Ko Ko Gyi, a ’88 Generation students’ leader, also said it wouldn’t broadcast its policy speech on MRTV after being censured late last month.

    The CNLD, which merged from three Chin parties, is contesting 57 constituencies in Chin and Rakhine states, and Magwe and Sagaing regions during the 2020 race.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    Related Posts

    CDF-Paletwa bars Chin youths from leaving Paletwa Township

    Junta launches heavy airstrike on Kanpetlet

    Junta offensive from Taingen to Falam sparks fierce clashes

    Comments are closed.

    • Featured Article
    June 6, 2025

    “The people of Paletwa must work to ensure that human rights violations do not happen again. I want to say that it is essential to closely monitor the armed groups in our area and to speak the truth.” Reverend Pastor U Lo Dain

    April 19, 2025

    “At present, town cleanup and area clearance operations are still underway in Falam. Entry into the area is strictly prohibited, with only armed groups participating in the clearance efforts for security reasons. So far, there has been no response from the military council.” Salai Timmy – CNO/CNDF spokesperson

    November 12, 2024

    Education of Myanmar Refugees in India: A Path to Hope and Challenges:

    August 26, 2024

    Escalating Conflict in Chin State: The Urgent Need for Unified Mediation Efforts

    Ads
    Leaderboard Ad
    Archives
    Copyright © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL.
    © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.