Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Khonumthung Media Group
    Leaderboard Ad
    • Home
    • Journal
    • About Us
    • ျမန္မာစာမ်က္ႏွာ
    Khonumthung Media Group
    You are at:Home»News»Govt Lifts ‘Stay at Home Order’ in Kalay and Opens Market

    Govt Lifts ‘Stay at Home Order’ in Kalay and Opens Market

    0
    By Editor on October 13, 2020 News

    The regional government lifted a ‘stay at home order’ in Sanmyo ward and re-opened the Tarhan market in Kalay town, located in Sagaing Region, this Monday (October 12) after no new coronavirus transmissions were reported.

    Nyi Zaw, who is in charge of Kalay District Information Department, told Khonumthung News the measures, which were in effect for two-weeks, were revoked after no COVID-19 cases were reported.

    “All market vendors are required to follow health guidelines that are mandated by MoHS (Ministry of Health and Sports) when opening their stalls.” Not all of the vendors returned to work today, he added.

    The Tarhan market has been closed since September 29 after a grocery vendor tested positive. At the same time, others living in Sanmyo ward tested positive for COVID-19, prompting the government to invoke the ‘stay at home order’.

    “Initially, when the order was imposed, some residents of Sanmyo ward did not follow it. But after local authorities with the help of volunteers explained it to them, they stayed at home,” Nyi Zaw said.

    Only six confirmed cases remain at Kalay Hospital. Nyi Zaw said that ten cases were recently discharged.

    According to MoHS, there were 29,314 confirmed cases on October 12, while 10,260 recovered and 664 died.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    Related Posts

    CDF-Paletwa bars Chin youths from leaving Paletwa Township

    Junta launches heavy airstrike on Kanpetlet

    Junta offensive from Taingen to Falam sparks fierce clashes

    Comments are closed.

    • Featured Article
    June 6, 2025

    “The people of Paletwa must work to ensure that human rights violations do not happen again. I want to say that it is essential to closely monitor the armed groups in our area and to speak the truth.” Reverend Pastor U Lo Dain

    April 19, 2025

    “At present, town cleanup and area clearance operations are still underway in Falam. Entry into the area is strictly prohibited, with only armed groups participating in the clearance efforts for security reasons. So far, there has been no response from the military council.” Salai Timmy – CNO/CNDF spokesperson

    November 12, 2024

    Education of Myanmar Refugees in India: A Path to Hope and Challenges:

    August 26, 2024

    Escalating Conflict in Chin State: The Urgent Need for Unified Mediation Efforts

    Ads
    Leaderboard Ad
    Archives
    Copyright © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL.
    © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.