Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Khonumthung Media Group
    Leaderboard Ad
    • Home
    • Journal
    • About Us
    • ျမန္မာစာမ်က္ႏွာ
    Khonumthung Media Group
    You are at:Home»News»Chin State Govt to Expand COVID-19 Testing, Quarantine Facilities

    Chin State Govt to Expand COVID-19 Testing, Quarantine Facilities

    0
    By Editor on October 14, 2020 News

    The Chin State government is planning to build a quarantine facility with a 100-person capacity in each of the state’s nine townships, a spokesperson for the administration said, after four truck drivers tested positive for COVID-19 in the state on Tuesday.

    Municipal minister Soe Htet said that for the time being, local authorities are carrying out medical checks at the entrances and exits of the state capital of Hakha, testing truck drivers and their assistants for COVID-19 since October 9.

    “Doctors and nurses test drivers at the checkpoints into Hakha town between 8:00 and 10:00 a.m. and between 2:00 and 4:00 p.m.,” he told Khonumthung News. “We have a plan to carry out medical checks in other towns in Chin State, too, particularly district towns including Mindat and Tedim.”

    The Chin State government is using rapid test kits provided by the Union government to test truck drivers and health workers for the coronavirus.

    Minister Soe Htet added that the Chin State government needs to put in requests to Naypyidaw for the number of test kits that they need.

    Drivers must present a health recommendation letter from their ward or village headman to present when traveling within Chin State.

    There have been 50 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Chin State. Among them, 11 patients are still undergoing treatment in hospitals in the state, and 38 have recovered. One person in the state has died from the virus.

    At the time of reporting, Burma’s Ministry of Health and Sports had confirmed 30,437 cases of COVID-19 nationwide, 693 deaths and 11,769 recoveries.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    Related Posts

    CDF-Paletwa bars Chin youths from leaving Paletwa Township

    Junta launches heavy airstrike on Kanpetlet

    Junta offensive from Taingen to Falam sparks fierce clashes

    Comments are closed.

    • Featured Article
    June 6, 2025

    “The people of Paletwa must work to ensure that human rights violations do not happen again. I want to say that it is essential to closely monitor the armed groups in our area and to speak the truth.” Reverend Pastor U Lo Dain

    April 19, 2025

    “At present, town cleanup and area clearance operations are still underway in Falam. Entry into the area is strictly prohibited, with only armed groups participating in the clearance efforts for security reasons. So far, there has been no response from the military council.” Salai Timmy – CNO/CNDF spokesperson

    November 12, 2024

    Education of Myanmar Refugees in India: A Path to Hope and Challenges:

    August 26, 2024

    Escalating Conflict in Chin State: The Urgent Need for Unified Mediation Efforts

    Ads
    Leaderboard Ad
    Archives
    Copyright © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL.
    © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.