Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Khonumthung Media Group
    Leaderboard Ad
    • Home
    • Journal
    • About Us
    • ျမန္မာစာမ်က္ႏွာ
    Khonumthung Media Group
    You are at:Home»News»COVID-19 Ward Being Prepared in Hakha

    COVID-19 Ward Being Prepared in Hakha

    0
    By Editor on October 21, 2020 News

    The head of the Chin State health department said a COVID-19 ward is being built in the herbal medical hospital in Hakha town.

    Dr. Aung Ngwe San told Khonumthung News there are only five COVID-19 patients at Hakha Public Hospital, but if the caseload increases, they need somewhere else to send patients.

    SARS-CoV-2, the virus causing the COVID-19 disease, has infected people across the country, including Chin State. To prevent outbreaks, Dr. Aung Ngwe San said everyone needs to follow the health guidelines set by the government’s Ministry of Health and Sports.

    A truck owner tested positive on October 19 at a medical checkpoint in Hakha Township with a rapid test kit. Four staying at a quarantine facility in Falam tested positive. One is a police officer, who underwent training. Two recently returned from India and the fourth returned from another state in Burma.

    A total of 60 cases were confirmed in Chin state. Of these, 42 recovered and one died. There are currently 17 active cases in the state.

    The Ministry of Health and Sports reported 37,205 confirmed cases, 914 deaths and 17,568 recoveries in the country at 8:00 p.m. on October 19.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    Related Posts

    CDF-Paletwa bars Chin youths from leaving Paletwa Township

    Junta launches heavy airstrike on Kanpetlet

    Junta offensive from Taingen to Falam sparks fierce clashes

    Comments are closed.

    • Featured Article
    June 6, 2025

    “The people of Paletwa must work to ensure that human rights violations do not happen again. I want to say that it is essential to closely monitor the armed groups in our area and to speak the truth.” Reverend Pastor U Lo Dain

    April 19, 2025

    “At present, town cleanup and area clearance operations are still underway in Falam. Entry into the area is strictly prohibited, with only armed groups participating in the clearance efforts for security reasons. So far, there has been no response from the military council.” Salai Timmy – CNO/CNDF spokesperson

    November 12, 2024

    Education of Myanmar Refugees in India: A Path to Hope and Challenges:

    August 26, 2024

    Escalating Conflict in Chin State: The Urgent Need for Unified Mediation Efforts

    Ads
    Leaderboard Ad
    Archives
    Copyright © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL.
    © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.