Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Khonumthung Media Group
    Leaderboard Ad
    • Home
    • Journal
    • About Us
    • ျမန္မာစာမ်က္ႏွာ
    Khonumthung Media Group
    You are at:Home»News»Four New Cases of COVID-19 Detected in Kalay

    Four New Cases of COVID-19 Detected in Kalay

    0
    By Editor on November 6, 2020 News

    Authorities discovered four more cases of COVID-19 in Thazin and Taung Thitsa wards in Kalay, bringing the total detected in the town, located in Sagaing Region, to 47 infections.

    “One person, who lives in Taung Thitsa ward, lost his sense of smell and came to the hospital,” Nyi Nyi, in charge of the Information and Public Relations Department for Kalay District, told Khonumthung News.

    It’s unclear how the forty-year-old became infected.

    Three males ages 29, 33 and 49 from Thazin ward also tested positive. Their families are in quarantine.

    Despite the rising cases, authorities have no plan to lock down all of Kalay. Instead, travel towards with known transmissions has been restricted and ‘stay at home orders’ have been implemented in some of the areas that are affected.

    Most of those infected are receiving medical treatment at the Herbal Medical Hospital. But the recent transmissions were sent to a new facility that just opened.

    “We sent the four cases to our new COVID-19 center, which is located among public housing,” said Nyi Nyi. Doctors and nurses from Kalay Public Hospital have been sent to help them, he said, but so far everyone’s health is “fine.”

    On November 2, health officials detected 15 new cases of COVID-19 in a quarantine facility in Kalay Public Hospital.

    The Ministry of Health and Sports reported 56,968 confirmed cases in Burma on November 5, while 1,352 have died and 42,178 have recovered.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    Related Posts

    CDF-Paletwa bars Chin youths from leaving Paletwa Township

    Junta launches heavy airstrike on Kanpetlet

    Junta offensive from Taingen to Falam sparks fierce clashes

    Comments are closed.

    • Featured Article
    June 6, 2025

    “The people of Paletwa must work to ensure that human rights violations do not happen again. I want to say that it is essential to closely monitor the armed groups in our area and to speak the truth.” Reverend Pastor U Lo Dain

    April 19, 2025

    “At present, town cleanup and area clearance operations are still underway in Falam. Entry into the area is strictly prohibited, with only armed groups participating in the clearance efforts for security reasons. So far, there has been no response from the military council.” Salai Timmy – CNO/CNDF spokesperson

    November 12, 2024

    Education of Myanmar Refugees in India: A Path to Hope and Challenges:

    August 26, 2024

    Escalating Conflict in Chin State: The Urgent Need for Unified Mediation Efforts

    Ads
    Leaderboard Ad
    Archives
    Copyright © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL.
    © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.