Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Khonumthung Media Group
    Leaderboard Ad
    • Home
    • Journal
    • About Us
    • ျမန္မာစာမ်က္ႏွာ
    Khonumthung Media Group
    You are at:Home»News»Allowing 2G in Paletwa Township “Was Just for Show”, Says Govt Employee

    Allowing 2G in Paletwa Township “Was Just for Show”, Says Govt Employee

    0
    By Editor on November 27, 2020 News

    Residents of Paletwa Township want the government to restore 4G internet services immediately in southern Chin State, as 2G isn’t fast enough to access the internet.

    Aung Ma Phyu, from Chin Women’s Organization in Paletwa town, told Khonumthung News she can’t send an email or even open a website indicating how this could endanger her during the pandemic because she couldn’t read news about COVID-19.

    Residents used to transfer money electronically using Wave Money in Paletwa. Since the Co-operative Bank (CB) has ceased operation, the only option left in town is Myanmar Economic Bank.

    A government employee, who requested anonymity, said reinstating internet services, however, and only allowing 2G Internet “was just for show.” The employee pointed out that because they can’t use the internet, it delays their work. Instead of sending emails, for example, they have to send letters, which takes more time.

    Because of the conflict between the Burma Army and Arakan Army, the government claimed it needed to block the internet in eight townships in Rakhine State and Paletwa Township in Chin State on July 21, 2019. In August, it reinstated services, but only allowed 2G.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    Related Posts

    CDF-Paletwa bars Chin youths from leaving Paletwa Township

    Junta launches heavy airstrike on Kanpetlet

    Junta offensive from Taingen to Falam sparks fierce clashes

    Comments are closed.

    • Featured Article
    June 6, 2025

    “The people of Paletwa must work to ensure that human rights violations do not happen again. I want to say that it is essential to closely monitor the armed groups in our area and to speak the truth.” Reverend Pastor U Lo Dain

    April 19, 2025

    “At present, town cleanup and area clearance operations are still underway in Falam. Entry into the area is strictly prohibited, with only armed groups participating in the clearance efforts for security reasons. So far, there has been no response from the military council.” Salai Timmy – CNO/CNDF spokesperson

    November 12, 2024

    Education of Myanmar Refugees in India: A Path to Hope and Challenges:

    August 26, 2024

    Escalating Conflict in Chin State: The Urgent Need for Unified Mediation Efforts

    Ads
    Leaderboard Ad
    Archives
    Copyright © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL.
    © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.