Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Khonumthung Media Group
    Leaderboard Ad
    • Home
    • Journal
    • About Us
    • ျမန္မာစာမ်က္ႏွာ
    Khonumthung Media Group
    You are at:Home»News»COVID-19 Kills Forty-six in Kalay

    COVID-19 Kills Forty-six in Kalay

    0
    By Editor on June 19, 2021 News

    Ten people died from COVID-19 within 24 hours in Kalay, Sagaing Region.

    According to the COVID-19 Control and Protection Team for Kalay Township, all were elderly suffering from other high-risk diseases, including diabetes.

    “We gave them enough oxygen, but they couldn’t resist the disease,” said a person who works for the protection team. Four died in the hospital and six in a quarantine center.

    On June 17, there were seven cremated and three on June 18.

    Four are from Tar Han ward, two from Kalay Myo ward, one from Myo Hla ward, one from Pyin Khon Lay village, one from Letpan Chaung village. It is unclear where the tenth person came from in the township.

    According to COVID-19 Control and Protection team, 46 people have died from the pathogen in Kalay.

    According to locals, thirty-six people died because they did not receive help in time. Most were elderly.

    “Some patients died because they did not get enough oxygen. Others arrived at the hospital when their condition had already deteriorated and it was too late for them. Some died from other diseases,” Ko Biakhminga who is a volunteer told Khonumthung News.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    Related Posts

    BNRA leader Bo Nagar defects to junta

    Protests erupt in Tamu Township villages over forced conscription

    Junta kills nearly 1,200 Chin people since coup, including almost 500 youths

    Comments are closed.

    • Featured Article
    June 6, 2025

    “The people of Paletwa must work to ensure that human rights violations do not happen again. I want to say that it is essential to closely monitor the armed groups in our area and to speak the truth.” Reverend Pastor U Lo Dain

    April 19, 2025

    “At present, town cleanup and area clearance operations are still underway in Falam. Entry into the area is strictly prohibited, with only armed groups participating in the clearance efforts for security reasons. So far, there has been no response from the military council.” Salai Timmy – CNO/CNDF spokesperson

    November 12, 2024

    Education of Myanmar Refugees in India: A Path to Hope and Challenges:

    August 26, 2024

    Escalating Conflict in Chin State: The Urgent Need for Unified Mediation Efforts

    Ads
    Leaderboard Ad
    Archives
    Copyright © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL.
    © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.