Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Khonumthung Media Group
    Leaderboard Ad
    • Home
    • Journal
    • About Us
    • ျမန္မာစာမ်က္ႏွာ
    Khonumthung Media Group
    You are at:Home»News»COVID-19 Deaths Increase in Northern Chin State

    COVID-19 Deaths Increase in Northern Chin State

    0
    By Editor on July 8, 2021 News

    In northern Chin State, approximately 60 people have died from COVID-19 from June until July.

    In Falam Township, 21 died between June 2 to July 6, according to a volunteer. Most were elderly with respiratory problems, heart disease or diabetes.

    The source said 17 died in Falam town, 3 in Rikhawdar town and a person from Ramtlir village. Of 1027 tests administrated in Falam town, 377 tested positive for the disease on July 6.

    During the same period, the same numbers of people died from the pathogen in Tongzan Township.

    According to Dr Thang Shang, director of the health department for the township, they also had other ailments that may have contributed to their deaths.

    Although there was ample oxygen in Tongzan town, he said they face a staff shortage.

    In Tedim Township, 17 died after 280 tested positive between June and July.

    In Thangtlang Township, during the same period, one person died out of 60 confirmed cases.

    And in Chin State’s capital Hakha 70 people tested positive, according to information provided by volunteers.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    Related Posts

    BNRA leader Bo Nagar defects to junta

    Protests erupt in Tamu Township villages over forced conscription

    Junta kills nearly 1,200 Chin people since coup, including almost 500 youths

    Comments are closed.

    • Featured Article
    June 6, 2025

    “The people of Paletwa must work to ensure that human rights violations do not happen again. I want to say that it is essential to closely monitor the armed groups in our area and to speak the truth.” Reverend Pastor U Lo Dain

    April 19, 2025

    “At present, town cleanup and area clearance operations are still underway in Falam. Entry into the area is strictly prohibited, with only armed groups participating in the clearance efforts for security reasons. So far, there has been no response from the military council.” Salai Timmy – CNO/CNDF spokesperson

    November 12, 2024

    Education of Myanmar Refugees in India: A Path to Hope and Challenges:

    August 26, 2024

    Escalating Conflict in Chin State: The Urgent Need for Unified Mediation Efforts

    Ads
    Leaderboard Ad
    Archives
    Copyright © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL.
    © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.