Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Khonumthung Media Group
    Leaderboard Ad
    • Home
    • Journal
    • About Us
    • ျမန္မာစာမ်က္ႏွာ
    Khonumthung Media Group
    You are at:Home»News»CDF Extends Ceasefire With Burma Army in Mindat

    CDF Extends Ceasefire With Burma Army in Mindat

    0
    By Editor on July 12, 2021 News

    A temporary ceasefire between the military and the Chinland Defence Force (CDF) in Mindat was extended, with expectations that negotiations toward a permanent ceasefire will continue.

    A CDF representative said the civilian group won’t fight with the military during the 14-day ceasefire but that more discussions are necessary to maintain the fragile peace.

    Elders and church leaders from Mindat town helped broker the last ceasefire from June 20 to July 4. A few days later, both sides consented to a 5-point agreement.

    The CDF member told Khonumthung News the military violated it by arresting civilians, which it later freed.

    The agreement includes no shooting in the streets or downtown Mindat and not to threaten or otherwise disturb government servants, including those who joined the Civil Disobedience Movement.

    Other points are to not bother travellers on the Kyauk Htu – Mindat – Matupi road and inform authorities before delivering food to internally displaced persons (IDPs) camps.

    For now, the fighting around Mindat town has stopped, prompting nearly a thousand IDPs to return to their homes.

    The town in southern Chin State, however, is still less populated than before the military laid siege on it in May, which emptied most of the inhabitants.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    Related Posts

    BNRA leader Bo Nagar defects to junta

    Protests erupt in Tamu Township villages over forced conscription

    Junta kills nearly 1,200 Chin people since coup, including almost 500 youths

    Comments are closed.

    • Featured Article
    June 6, 2025

    “The people of Paletwa must work to ensure that human rights violations do not happen again. I want to say that it is essential to closely monitor the armed groups in our area and to speak the truth.” Reverend Pastor U Lo Dain

    April 19, 2025

    “At present, town cleanup and area clearance operations are still underway in Falam. Entry into the area is strictly prohibited, with only armed groups participating in the clearance efforts for security reasons. So far, there has been no response from the military council.” Salai Timmy – CNO/CNDF spokesperson

    November 12, 2024

    Education of Myanmar Refugees in India: A Path to Hope and Challenges:

    August 26, 2024

    Escalating Conflict in Chin State: The Urgent Need for Unified Mediation Efforts

    Ads
    Leaderboard Ad
    Archives
    Copyright © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL.
    © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.