Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Khonumthung Media Group
    Leaderboard Ad
    • Home
    • Journal
    • About Us
    • ျမန္မာစာမ်က္ႏွာ
    Khonumthung Media Group
    You are at:Home»News»Authorities Postpone Trial For Youths Charged With Article 505 (a) in Paletwa

    Authorities Postpone Trial For Youths Charged With Article 505 (a) in Paletwa

    0
    By Editor on July 28, 2021 News

    Chin youths arrested in May and charged with incitement had their trial rescheduled until August 2, after authorities closed the courts because of Burma’s third wave.

    The July 26 trial for the five youths charged with Article 505 (a) of Burma’s Penal Code will convene on August 2, a woman close to their families told Khonumthung News.

    Authorities detained the youths after two explosions went off in Paletwa town, southern Chin State. Altogether, armed forces arrested eighteen people, including members of a civil society organisation, later releasing thirteen. On June 17, they charged the five youths with Article 505 (a) for collecting donations for civilians affected by fighting between the Chinland Defence Force and military in Mindat Township.

    They have been in jail since their arrests on May 28. Their families said they are sick with the flu.

    “Everybody knows that these youths are not guilty. We want authorities to release them immediately…These are educated people, and they didn’t break any law,” said a man from Paletwa, asking for his name not to be published. “In my opinion, authorities want our younger generation to suffer mental trauma.”

    The youths are Aik Min, a singer, Aik Tun Min, Aik Tun Min, an employee of the government’s forestry department, Aung Tun Soe, Ah Luu and Yar Kyaw, director of the Agga Paylu Social Development Foundation.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    Related Posts

    BNRA leader Bo Nagar defects to junta

    Protests erupt in Tamu Township villages over forced conscription

    Junta kills nearly 1,200 Chin people since coup, including almost 500 youths

    Comments are closed.

    • Featured Article
    June 6, 2025

    “The people of Paletwa must work to ensure that human rights violations do not happen again. I want to say that it is essential to closely monitor the armed groups in our area and to speak the truth.” Reverend Pastor U Lo Dain

    April 19, 2025

    “At present, town cleanup and area clearance operations are still underway in Falam. Entry into the area is strictly prohibited, with only armed groups participating in the clearance efforts for security reasons. So far, there has been no response from the military council.” Salai Timmy – CNO/CNDF spokesperson

    November 12, 2024

    Education of Myanmar Refugees in India: A Path to Hope and Challenges:

    August 26, 2024

    Escalating Conflict in Chin State: The Urgent Need for Unified Mediation Efforts

    Ads
    Leaderboard Ad
    Archives
    Copyright © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL.
    © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.