Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Khonumthung Media Group
    Leaderboard Ad
    • Home
    • Journal
    • About Us
    • ျမန္မာစာမ်က္ႏွာ
    Khonumthung Media Group
    You are at:Home»News»Arakan Army Releases 3 Chin Youth

    Arakan Army Releases 3 Chin Youth

    0
    By Editor on August 27, 2020 News

    The Arakan Army (AA) released three of the four young Chin hostages it abducted in southern Chin State at the end of July. The ethnic armed organization (EAO) is fighting with the Burma Army in southern Chin State and Rakhine State.

    Ko Kyaw Aung, secretary of Chin Internally Displaced Persons Support Committee (CISC), confirmed the release of the three hostages. “I’ve talked to them. Three Chin youths were released on the morning of August 25 and they arrived in Paletwa by the evening.”

    AA troops abducted the four youth, who is from Nga Tharine village, located in Kyauktaw Township, on July 29 while they were traveling to Paletwa town.

    Ko Khin Maung Tun, Ko Benjamin and Ko Aung Tun have been released. But Ko Aung Soe, who works with a civil society organization in Paletwa Township, remains a prisoner of the EAO.

    “I don’t know why AA didn’t release Ko Aung Soe,” Ko Kyaw Aung told Khonumthung News. “His friends were released, so we’re very worried about him.”

    While they were in custody, AA soldiers did not beat or threaten the youth, Ko Aung Soe said.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    Related Posts

    CDF-Paletwa bars Chin youths from leaving Paletwa Township

    Junta launches heavy airstrike on Kanpetlet

    Junta offensive from Taingen to Falam sparks fierce clashes

    Comments are closed.

    • Featured Article
    June 6, 2025

    “The people of Paletwa must work to ensure that human rights violations do not happen again. I want to say that it is essential to closely monitor the armed groups in our area and to speak the truth.” Reverend Pastor U Lo Dain

    April 19, 2025

    “At present, town cleanup and area clearance operations are still underway in Falam. Entry into the area is strictly prohibited, with only armed groups participating in the clearance efforts for security reasons. So far, there has been no response from the military council.” Salai Timmy – CNO/CNDF spokesperson

    November 12, 2024

    Education of Myanmar Refugees in India: A Path to Hope and Challenges:

    August 26, 2024

    Escalating Conflict in Chin State: The Urgent Need for Unified Mediation Efforts

    Ads
    Leaderboard Ad
    Archives
    Copyright © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL.
    © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.