Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Khonumthung Media Group
    Leaderboard Ad
    • Home
    • Journal
    • About Us
    • ျမန္မာစာမ်က္ႏွာ
    Khonumthung Media Group
    You are at:Home»News»Caretaker Government Still Military Regime, CNF Spokesperson Says

    Caretaker Government Still Military Regime, CNF Spokesperson Says

    0
    By Editor on August 19, 2021 News

    The Chin National Front (CNF) spokesperson criticized the State Administration Council decision to call itself a ‘caretaker government’, saying it is still the same military regime that wrested power from the democratically elected government.

    “We expect nothing from it. It is the same people and the same policies. The military council wants the international community and neighboring countries to recognize it as a legal government, so it is doing exactly what General Ne Win did,” Salai Htet Ni said.

    In 1958, the former military chief overthrew the U Nu government and called his regime a caretaker government.

    Salai Htet Ni said what Snr-Gen Min Aung Hlaing, the current army chief and leader of the military council, is trying to do will not work in today’s world as people are living in the “age of information technology.”

    The previous military junta imposed an information blackout in 1988, he said, “but it will not work today because with the Internet, young people have access to all the information they need from around the world.”

    On August 1, six months after the coup, Min Aung Hlaing announced that Burma would be ruled by a caretaker government until 2023.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    Related Posts

    BNRA leader Bo Nagar defects to junta

    Protests erupt in Tamu Township villages over forced conscription

    Junta kills nearly 1,200 Chin people since coup, including almost 500 youths

    Comments are closed.

    • Featured Article
    June 6, 2025

    “The people of Paletwa must work to ensure that human rights violations do not happen again. I want to say that it is essential to closely monitor the armed groups in our area and to speak the truth.” Reverend Pastor U Lo Dain

    April 19, 2025

    “At present, town cleanup and area clearance operations are still underway in Falam. Entry into the area is strictly prohibited, with only armed groups participating in the clearance efforts for security reasons. So far, there has been no response from the military council.” Salai Timmy – CNO/CNDF spokesperson

    November 12, 2024

    Education of Myanmar Refugees in India: A Path to Hope and Challenges:

    August 26, 2024

    Escalating Conflict in Chin State: The Urgent Need for Unified Mediation Efforts

    Ads
    Leaderboard Ad
    Archives
    Copyright © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL.
    © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.