Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Khonumthung Media Group
    Leaderboard Ad
    • Home
    • Journal
    • About Us
    • ျမန္မာစာမ်က္ႏွာ
    Khonumthung Media Group
    You are at:Home»News»Chin State Govt Set Up Medical Checkpoints to Prevent COVID-19 Outbreak

    Chin State Govt Set Up Medical Checkpoints to Prevent COVID-19 Outbreak

    0
    By Editor on September 25, 2020 News

    The Chin State government is ramping up preventative measures in response to the recent coronavirus outbreak in neighboring Rakhine State. The government said medical checkpoints will be installed at all major entry points to towns, where they will take temperatures and scrutinize citizens’ travel history.

     

    After the numbers of confirmed cases exploded in Sittwe, the capital of Rakhine State, Soe Htet, spokesperson for the Chin State government, said the government is taking immediate action to prevent an outbreak in Chin State.

     

    “When the infection rate was decreasing, people did not want to pay attention to the coronavirus. Authorities didn’t set up checkpoints. But now that cases have dramatically increased in Rakhine State and popped up in other areas, we’re reintroducing medical checkpoints to stop the spread of the virus.”

     

    Everyone passing through checkpoints will have their body temperature measured and their travel history recorded, he said. And all travelers coming from COVID-19 affected townships will be quarantined.

    Soe Htet said authorities are monitoring restaurants and shops to ensure they’re complying with guidelines set by the government’s Ministry of Health and Sports (MoHS).

     

    More than 10 townships in Rakhine State reported infections after a bank employee in Sittwe tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 on August 16. From Tuesday (August 25) to Wednesday (August 26) there was a record of one hundred confirmed cases, mostly in Rakhine State. The government has announced a partial lockdown in Sittwe with residents ordered to stay at home.

     

    On August 28, MoHS reported 628 cases, while 349 were recovered and six died. Since the pandemic began, 149,861 citizens have been tested.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    Related Posts

    CDF-Paletwa bars Chin youths from leaving Paletwa Township

    Junta launches heavy airstrike on Kanpetlet

    Junta offensive from Taingen to Falam sparks fierce clashes

    Comments are closed.

    • Featured Article
    June 6, 2025

    “The people of Paletwa must work to ensure that human rights violations do not happen again. I want to say that it is essential to closely monitor the armed groups in our area and to speak the truth.” Reverend Pastor U Lo Dain

    April 19, 2025

    “At present, town cleanup and area clearance operations are still underway in Falam. Entry into the area is strictly prohibited, with only armed groups participating in the clearance efforts for security reasons. So far, there has been no response from the military council.” Salai Timmy – CNO/CNDF spokesperson

    November 12, 2024

    Education of Myanmar Refugees in India: A Path to Hope and Challenges:

    August 26, 2024

    Escalating Conflict in Chin State: The Urgent Need for Unified Mediation Efforts

    Ads
    Leaderboard Ad
    Archives
    Copyright © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL.
    © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.