Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Khonumthung Media Group
    Leaderboard Ad
    • Home
    • Journal
    • About Us
    • ျမန္မာစာမ်က္ႏွာ
    Khonumthung Media Group
    You are at:Home»News»Chin Students Won’t Return To Class When Schools Open in Hakha and Thangtlang

    Chin Students Won’t Return To Class When Schools Open in Hakha and Thangtlang

    0
    By Editor on May 26, 2021 News

    After the military regime announced that public schools must reopen next month, no students enrolled for classes in schools in Hakha and Thangtlang towns in Chin State.

    A parent in Thangtlang said their school was locked this Monday because no one came to register for classes scheduled to start June 1. There are two high schools, two middle schools and one primary school in town.

    “The education level in our country is the lowest among the countries in the region,” a parent from Hakha said. “Our children didn’t go to school last year because of COVID-19. And then the Burma Army overthrew the civilian government, seizing power of the country this year. Of course, we are concerned about the poor education in our country. But on the other hand, we do not accept the military coup and won’t be sending our children to school.”

    There are four high schools, four middle schools and at least one primary school in the Chin State capital.

    Another parent from Hakha said: “Many teachers joined the Civil Disobedience Movement in Chin State. Under both the NLD and Thein Sein governments, there was already a shortage of teachers. In my opinion, schools won’t be able to operate properly despite the military regime forcing them to open.”

    In the rest of Burma, very few students enrolled for the upcoming school year.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    Related Posts

    BNRA leader Bo Nagar defects to junta

    Protests erupt in Tamu Township villages over forced conscription

    Junta kills nearly 1,200 Chin people since coup, including almost 500 youths

    Comments are closed.

    • Featured Article
    June 6, 2025

    “The people of Paletwa must work to ensure that human rights violations do not happen again. I want to say that it is essential to closely monitor the armed groups in our area and to speak the truth.” Reverend Pastor U Lo Dain

    April 19, 2025

    “At present, town cleanup and area clearance operations are still underway in Falam. Entry into the area is strictly prohibited, with only armed groups participating in the clearance efforts for security reasons. So far, there has been no response from the military council.” Salai Timmy – CNO/CNDF spokesperson

    November 12, 2024

    Education of Myanmar Refugees in India: A Path to Hope and Challenges:

    August 26, 2024

    Escalating Conflict in Chin State: The Urgent Need for Unified Mediation Efforts

    Ads
    Leaderboard Ad
    Archives
    Copyright © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL.
    © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.