Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Khonumthung Media Group
    Leaderboard Ad
    • Home
    • Journal
    • About Us
    • ျမန္မာစာမ်က္ႏွာ
    Khonumthung Media Group
    You are at:Home»News»Five More Transmissions Reported in Paletwa

    Five More Transmissions Reported in Paletwa

    0
    By Editor on December 9, 2020 News

    Five people, who recently returned to Paletwa from Rakhine State tested positive for COVID-19, bringing the total cases detected in the town in southern Chin State to fourteen.

    General administration development (GAD) officer for Paletwa Township Aung Law Har said the new cases were discovered during their quarantine.

    They were sent to Paletwa Public Hospital and placed in isolation. Ten people are recovering from the virus after four were discharged from the hospital.

    Aung Law Har said everyone’s health is fine.

    Due to an increase in infections in Paletwa, all returnees must undergo mandatory quarantine upon arrival in the town.

    Health officials are struggling to provide enough blankets, food and other items for the 47 people in quarantine. While the hospital is running short on medicine and personal protective equipment.

    The Ministry of Health and Sports reported 101,739 cases in the country on December 8. Since the pandemic started, there have been 80,726 recoveries and 2,151 deaths from the disease.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    Related Posts

    CDF-Paletwa bars Chin youths from leaving Paletwa Township

    Junta launches heavy airstrike on Kanpetlet

    Junta offensive from Taingen to Falam sparks fierce clashes

    Comments are closed.

    • Featured Article
    June 6, 2025

    “The people of Paletwa must work to ensure that human rights violations do not happen again. I want to say that it is essential to closely monitor the armed groups in our area and to speak the truth.” Reverend Pastor U Lo Dain

    April 19, 2025

    “At present, town cleanup and area clearance operations are still underway in Falam. Entry into the area is strictly prohibited, with only armed groups participating in the clearance efforts for security reasons. So far, there has been no response from the military council.” Salai Timmy – CNO/CNDF spokesperson

    November 12, 2024

    Education of Myanmar Refugees in India: A Path to Hope and Challenges:

    August 26, 2024

    Escalating Conflict in Chin State: The Urgent Need for Unified Mediation Efforts

    Ads
    Leaderboard Ad
    Archives
    Copyright © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL.
    © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.