Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Khonumthung Media Group
    Leaderboard Ad
    • Home
    • Journal
    • About Us
    • ျမန္မာစာမ်က္ႏွာ
    Khonumthung Media Group
    You are at:Home»News»Paletwa Electoral Candidates Unable to Send Commission Required Documentation

    Paletwa Electoral Candidates Unable to Send Commission Required Documentation

    0
    By Editor on December 14, 2020 News

    While most electoral candidates throughout Chin State have submitted election expense reports to respective election commission offices, those in Paletwa Township have been unable to submit them on time due to difficulties associated with the ongoing conflict in the region.

    Some 37 candidates ran for election on November 8 in Matupi District, Chin State, with 28 having already submitted the necessary post-electoral documentation.

    “We still need reports from nine electoral candidates,” Min Aung Shein, secretary of the Matupi District Election Commission told Khonumthung News, noting that seven were from Paletwa and two were from Matupi. “They cannot send it due to transportation difficulties and security reasons,” he added.

    Min Aung Shein said that he did not know how the Union Election Commission would rule over the delay, and, over the weekend, said that he hoped the reports would be sent “today.”

    According to Burma’s election law, a candidate is allowed to spend 10 million kyats on their campaign but must submit a report with details of this spending within 30 days of the election, lest they face blacklisting from future elections.

    “We have urged electoral candidates to send their election expense reports because we don’t want a bad image for our state. If an electoral candidate fails to submit an election expense report to their respective election commission, the candidate must be put on the blacklist,” Lin Kyaw, secretary of the Chin State Election Commission, told Khonumthung News.

    A total of 171 electoral candidates from 11 political parties contested for election in Chin State in Burma’s general election this year.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    Related Posts

    CDF-Paletwa bars Chin youths from leaving Paletwa Township

    Junta launches heavy airstrike on Kanpetlet

    Junta offensive from Taingen to Falam sparks fierce clashes

    Comments are closed.

    • Featured Article
    June 6, 2025

    “The people of Paletwa must work to ensure that human rights violations do not happen again. I want to say that it is essential to closely monitor the armed groups in our area and to speak the truth.” Reverend Pastor U Lo Dain

    April 19, 2025

    “At present, town cleanup and area clearance operations are still underway in Falam. Entry into the area is strictly prohibited, with only armed groups participating in the clearance efforts for security reasons. So far, there has been no response from the military council.” Salai Timmy – CNO/CNDF spokesperson

    November 12, 2024

    Education of Myanmar Refugees in India: A Path to Hope and Challenges:

    August 26, 2024

    Escalating Conflict in Chin State: The Urgent Need for Unified Mediation Efforts

    Ads
    Leaderboard Ad
    Archives
    Copyright © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL.
    © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.