Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Khonumthung Media Group
    Leaderboard Ad
    • Home
    • Journal
    • About Us
    • ျမန္မာစာမ်က္ႏွာ
    Khonumthung Media Group
    You are at:Home»News»Villages in Mindat Township Affected By Fresh Fighting Following Collapse Of Ceasefire

    Villages in Mindat Township Affected By Fresh Fighting Following Collapse Of Ceasefire

    0
    By Editor on July 29, 2021 News

    Renewed fighting in southern Chin State between the Chinland Defense Force (CDF) and the military has affected civilians from ten villages in Mindat Township.

    A volunteer helping the villagers displaced from the recent clashes told Khonumthung News it is difficult to determine how many civilians were affected by the hostilities because some have taken refuge in the jungle while others are hiding among their farms.

    “They are facing many difficulties,” the source said. They do not have enough food to eat or medicine, and since the army blocked rice shipments from reaching the township, even those with money cannot buy it. “Soldiers arrest anyone attempting to buy medicine” for them.

    According to the volunteer, there were Burma Army (BA) soldiers deployed from Htee Lin and Shwe Aung Tha villages in Chin State, next to Magwe Region.

    The fighting is breaking out around Shwe Twin Tuu, Dant Tee, Suan Tawng, Tawng Kon and Pee Hu.

    The rest have fled from five villages in the surrounding area. After the temporary ceasefire expired on July 16, fighting started four days later near Shwe Twin Tuu village, next to Magwe Region.

    CDF or Mindat People’s Administration, as the CDF chapter was called at that time, was formed at the end of April to protect individuals and groups targeted by the military council for peacefully resisting its rule.

    Since fighting started, tens of thousands of villagers were uprooted by the BA’s
    offensives and are hiding in the jungle or remote villages in the township.

    With the help of religious leaders and elders, CDF and BA agreed to a temporary ceasefire in late April, which expired on May 12.

    A second temporary ceasefire was brokered from June 20 to July 4, and extended until the 16th.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    Related Posts

    BNRA leader Bo Nagar defects to junta

    Protests erupt in Tamu Township villages over forced conscription

    Junta kills nearly 1,200 Chin people since coup, including almost 500 youths

    Comments are closed.

    • Featured Article
    June 6, 2025

    “The people of Paletwa must work to ensure that human rights violations do not happen again. I want to say that it is essential to closely monitor the armed groups in our area and to speak the truth.” Reverend Pastor U Lo Dain

    April 19, 2025

    “At present, town cleanup and area clearance operations are still underway in Falam. Entry into the area is strictly prohibited, with only armed groups participating in the clearance efforts for security reasons. So far, there has been no response from the military council.” Salai Timmy – CNO/CNDF spokesperson

    November 12, 2024

    Education of Myanmar Refugees in India: A Path to Hope and Challenges:

    August 26, 2024

    Escalating Conflict in Chin State: The Urgent Need for Unified Mediation Efforts

    Ads
    Leaderboard Ad
    Archives
    Copyright © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL.
    © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.