Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Khonumthung Media Group
    Leaderboard Ad
    • Home
    • Journal
    • About Us
    • ျမန္မာစာမ်က္ႏွာ
    Khonumthung Media Group
    You are at:Home»News»Civilians Fight Back in Chin State, Authorities Prevent Family From Seeing Son in Sagaing Region

    Civilians Fight Back in Chin State, Authorities Prevent Family From Seeing Son in Sagaing Region

    0
    By Editor on April 27, 2021 News

    Civilians shot back against soldiers who attacked them, according to a local man familiar with the incident in Mindat town.

    Several soldiers were injured during an exchange of gunfire, while authorities detained three civilians during the clash that broke out around 9 pm on April 24.

    Khonumthung News couldn’t confirm the status of the soldiers except that they are in the hospital.

    At least two Burma Army soldiers were shot and killed by fellow soldiers during a quarrel at a government housing in the Chin State capital, Hakha, on April 23.

    In Mindat, four women and three men were arrested on April 25 for putting up posters welcoming the National Unity Government. The following day, the streets were quiet.

    Authorities in Sagaing Region are not allowing family members to visit Salai Pau Min Lun.

    The 20-year-old was taken into custody after armed forces shot him in the leg during a peaceful demonstration against the military regime in Kalay on March 17.

    Salai Pau Min Lun’s leg was amputated at a military hospital two days later.

    “He was sent to (Kalay) prison on April 7 and we haven’t seen him since then or had any communication with him…I am very worried about him. The prison authority told me his health was fine but I don’t know because I haven’t seen him,” Salai Pau Min Lun’s mother told Khonumthung News.

    Authorities are charging the second-year university student for violating Article 505/a of Burma’s Penal Code.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    Related Posts

    BNRA leader Bo Nagar defects to junta

    Protests erupt in Tamu Township villages over forced conscription

    Junta kills nearly 1,200 Chin people since coup, including almost 500 youths

    Comments are closed.

    • Featured Article
    June 6, 2025

    “The people of Paletwa must work to ensure that human rights violations do not happen again. I want to say that it is essential to closely monitor the armed groups in our area and to speak the truth.” Reverend Pastor U Lo Dain

    April 19, 2025

    “At present, town cleanup and area clearance operations are still underway in Falam. Entry into the area is strictly prohibited, with only armed groups participating in the clearance efforts for security reasons. So far, there has been no response from the military council.” Salai Timmy – CNO/CNDF spokesperson

    November 12, 2024

    Education of Myanmar Refugees in India: A Path to Hope and Challenges:

    August 26, 2024

    Escalating Conflict in Chin State: The Urgent Need for Unified Mediation Efforts

    Ads
    Leaderboard Ad
    Archives
    Copyright © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL.
    © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.