Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Khonumthung Media Group
    Leaderboard Ad
    • Home
    • Journal
    • About Us
    • ျမန္မာစာမ်က္ႏွာ
    Khonumthung Media Group
    You are at:Home»News»Fatalities Rising in Northern Chin State After Pathogen Spreads To Multiple Townships

    Fatalities Rising in Northern Chin State After Pathogen Spreads To Multiple Townships

    0
    By Editor on June 4, 2021 News

    Outbreaks continue to spread in northern Chin State and Saigang Region. With multiple townships now affected, health officials announced stay-at-home orders for one of them.

    In Tongzang Township, two more people died from COVID-19. Altogether, four people have died, while 33 have acquired the pathogen in the township.

    A man told Khonumthung News his colleague, a 52-year-old pastor, died at 7 am on June 3 in Kyihka town. A 54-year-old woman died a couple of hours later.

    After medical staff tested 98 people, they discovered over one-third are positive. In total, health authorities detected 167 cases: 83 in Tongzang town and 84 in Kyihka.

    Dr. Thang Shang, head of the health department for the township, said patients with mild symptoms or who are asymptomatic are staying at a quarantine center in Tongzang town.

    Currently, there are seven people at Tongzang Public Hospital hooked up to incubators. At Kyihka Public Hospital three patients are exhibiting serious symptoms.

    A 50-year-old woman died from the virus in Falam town on June 2. The next day, four more cases were discovered in the township with the same name.

    “People need to stay at home if they don’t need to go out. If they have an emergency and need to go out, they must wear a face mask. The hours of the municipal market should be reduced,” a resident of Falam town said.

    Eight medical staff tested positive at a private hospital in Kalay town, located in Sagaing Region.
    Wesley Private Hospital is not accepting any new patients after seven nurses and a doctor tested positive. On June 2, the hospital tested twenty-one staff who had contact with infected patients.

    A night shift doctor who missed the testing told Khonumthung News that night staff can not go home until they are tested. “Our hospital is locked down,” the doctor explained. Of the staff with COVID, the doctor and one nurse are sick, while the other six nurses have lost their sense of smell and taste.

    The Ministry of Health and Sports imposed a stay-at-home order for Kalay Township at 4 am June 3.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    Related Posts

    BNRA leader Bo Nagar defects to junta

    Protests erupt in Tamu Township villages over forced conscription

    Junta kills nearly 1,200 Chin people since coup, including almost 500 youths

    Comments are closed.

    • Featured Article
    June 6, 2025

    “The people of Paletwa must work to ensure that human rights violations do not happen again. I want to say that it is essential to closely monitor the armed groups in our area and to speak the truth.” Reverend Pastor U Lo Dain

    April 19, 2025

    “At present, town cleanup and area clearance operations are still underway in Falam. Entry into the area is strictly prohibited, with only armed groups participating in the clearance efforts for security reasons. So far, there has been no response from the military council.” Salai Timmy – CNO/CNDF spokesperson

    November 12, 2024

    Education of Myanmar Refugees in India: A Path to Hope and Challenges:

    August 26, 2024

    Escalating Conflict in Chin State: The Urgent Need for Unified Mediation Efforts

    Ads
    Leaderboard Ad
    Archives
    Copyright © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL.
    © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.