Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Khonumthung Media Group
    Leaderboard Ad
    • Home
    • Journal
    • About Us
    • ျမန္မာစာမ်က္ႏွာ
    Khonumthung Media Group
    You are at:Home»News»Authorities in Southern Chin State Release Some Detained Following Explosion, Fighting Continues Between CDF And Tatmadaw

    Authorities in Southern Chin State Release Some Detained Following Explosion, Fighting Continues Between CDF And Tatmadaw

    0
    By Editor on June 9, 2021 News

    Authorities released three civilians on Monday in southern Chin State arrested after explosions happened in front of a government building and a Myanma Economic Bank in Paletwa town at the end of last month.

    A woman whose husband wasn’t released told Khonumthung News police are keeping six people at a government building and the police station in town.

    “We worry about them because they haven’t done anything wrong,” she said, concerned police will charge them.

    The military council released Aik Awng Thiha, Aung Naing Tun and Aik John Nyan Lin Tun (aka Apusu).

    After the bombing, Burma Army arrested 18 people, releasing 12 people soon after the incident occurred.

    In Mindat, Chinland Defense Force reported killing about 50 Burma Army soldiers during fighting in the township with the same name on Sunday. Two resistance fighters died during battle at Chaung Sone village and one near Shet village.

    Twenty-one sustained injuries at both villages. Forty Burma Army soldiers died at Chaung Sone and ten died near Shet. Army soldiers also suffered injuries during the weekend conflict.

    CNF said the Burma Army sent in jet fighters twice to attack it, while soldiers in Kyauk Htu fired artillery. The civilian resistance group reported 21 members have been killed since the conflict started on May 13.

    Khonumthung News can’t verify any of this information.

    In northern Chin State, fighting displaced over 5,000 people from 8 villages near the Hakha and Matupi road in Hakha Township.

    Fighting between CDF and the military in the Senthang area started on May 31, after the civilian resistance group attacked a convoy. Thousands from the town of Surkhua and nearby villages hid in the jungle after the Army indiscriminately fired artillery until June 1.

    A villager affected by fighting told Khonumthung News they had to leave everything behind when the Army attacked their village.

    “It shocked us to hear the sounds of machine-gun fire because we never experienced anything like this before. Some cried when hearing the heavy weapons.”

    A villager from Dinlopa said soldiers broke into homes in the village. “They threw rice on the road. They destroyed our looms..killed our cows and goats.”

    In Surkhua Myo, soldiers burglarized six shops, killing 60 chickens and 3 pigs, a villager told Khonumthung News.

    According to a civilian who recently returned home, many are terrified to return to their villages even though the guns are quiet. “I think we are the first group to come home. We hid in the jungle about two miles from our village and returned when they (soldiers) left.”

    The other villages affected by fighting are Phaizawng, Khuapi, Lungrang, Hausen, Sakta, and Loklung.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    Related Posts

    BNRA leader Bo Nagar defects to junta

    Protests erupt in Tamu Township villages over forced conscription

    Junta kills nearly 1,200 Chin people since coup, including almost 500 youths

    Comments are closed.

    • Featured Article
    June 6, 2025

    “The people of Paletwa must work to ensure that human rights violations do not happen again. I want to say that it is essential to closely monitor the armed groups in our area and to speak the truth.” Reverend Pastor U Lo Dain

    April 19, 2025

    “At present, town cleanup and area clearance operations are still underway in Falam. Entry into the area is strictly prohibited, with only armed groups participating in the clearance efforts for security reasons. So far, there has been no response from the military council.” Salai Timmy – CNO/CNDF spokesperson

    November 12, 2024

    Education of Myanmar Refugees in India: A Path to Hope and Challenges:

    August 26, 2024

    Escalating Conflict in Chin State: The Urgent Need for Unified Mediation Efforts

    Ads
    Leaderboard Ad
    Archives
    Copyright © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL.
    © 2015 Khonumthung News Group. Design & Developed by ExL

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.